Adovia Exfoliating Facial Salts

Adovia Exfoliating Facial Salts on southeastbymidwest.com #beauty #beautyreview #bblogger #adovia

Purchase: Amazon

Price: $19.00

Adovia Exfoliating Facial Salts Packaging on southeastbymidwest.com #beauty #beautyreview #bblogger #adovia

The Adovia Exfoliating Facial Salts are pure 100% Dead Sea Salts that are finely ground and meant specifically for facial use. For $19 you get an almost overflowing 12.3 oz. bottle of Dead Sea Salts. The Adovia Exfoliating Facial Salts are also cruelty-free. I received a full-size product to sample for my completely honest review.

Adovia Exfoliating Facial Salts for All Skin Types on southeastbymidwest.com #beauty #beautyreview #bblogger #adovia

The packaging for the Adovia Exfoliating Facial Salts is actually pretty practical and cute. It’s made to look like the salts come in a small glass mason jar. In actuality the jar and lid are plastic. I like this because that means that it A. didn’t break during shipment and B. I don’t have to baby it when I put it back on the shelf with other skin care products.

Adovia Exfoliating Facial Salts Back of Package on southeastbymidwest.com #beauty #beautyreview #bblogger #adovia

The product itself gave me a bit of a pause when I first opened it. It literally is a jar full of Dead Sea Salts. There’s no liquid to the product or anything. I tried using it with just the salt and found that I didn’t prefer to use it this way. Instead I used what was suggested at the bottom of the back of the label, and added it to my daily cleanser when I needed some extra exfoliation. I found that adding a bit into my cleanser, rubbing it between my hands to get a good mix, and THEN applying to my face made my cleanser an exfoliating cleanser. I didn’t do this everyday, just once or twice a week. It should be noted that those with dry skin might find this more enjoyable if they add the salt to olive oil if they don’t want to add it to their normal cleanser.

Adovia Exfoliating Facial Salts Salt on southeastbymidwest.com #beauty #beautyreview #bblogger #adovia

Honestly, when I first tried the product I didn’t like it. I found that it made a horrible mess and it was a bit rough for my skin. HOWEVER, once I added it to my cleanser I feel in love with it. Only using it once or twice a week will allow me to stretch this a bit more than those who would use it daily but once it’s gone I’ll be for sure ordering some more. If you’re interested in this product be sure to order it by clicking here.

If you liked this skincare post, check out some of my others
Also check out my Pinterest Skincare Board

Follow Cassie @ Southeast by Midwest’s board BEAUTY – Skincare on Pinterest.

Cassie

Subscribe via email to get posts delivered straight to your inbox.

Comments

• says

I was totally expecting a scrub or mask type of texture not just salt lol. Now that I realized I can add it to whatever product I want I’m loving how customizable it is.

1. says

Several years ago, I tried a product containing primarily salts. I used this scrub on my legs and it was excruciating. I haven’t attempted a similar product since then. (This one gives me slight hope.)
    Go show Jaime ‘s latest post… Friday 5 #Friday5 some love!My Profile

• says

Yeah salt can burn any cuts or any kind of razor burn you might have. I think if you put this with a body wash you probably wouldn’t have that problem this time around :)

2. says

Super weird that it’s just salt by itself, but I can definitely see it being an advantage when adding it to a cleanser, especially one that doesn’t have microbeads or other exfoliants in it.
    Go show Karly ‘s latest post… Taking My Me Time some love!My Profile

3. Pam says

Putting in it some olive oil and using it for those of us that have dry skin sounds like an excellent idea. I have heard that facial salts can really brighten up your skin.

4. says

I have never used a facial scrub – I use body scrubs but never thought about using one on my face, Sounds very interesting – I would give this a try,

5. says

I’m the same way with my exfoliators. Most of the time, scrubs are too harsh for my sensitive skin, but if I add them with my face wash they’re perfect! Great review. (:

• says

She is right in the fact that salts CAN cause tears in the skin. However, that’s if you’re using them multiple times a day every day. Technically you’re only supposed to exfoliate once to twice a week and any more than that is TO much and can cause the tears. The way to get around that is to make sure that you are being gentle when you exfoliate, let the product work for you, and ALWAYS use your moisturizer after cleansing your face.