Subscription Length: Monthly
Content: 4 – 5 full-size beauty products from independent and non-independent beauty brands
Price: $21 / monthly | $59 / 3 months | $116 / 6 months | $231 / yearly
Subscribe: Subscribe Here
Status: Still Subscribed
You know one of these days I might actually get a subscription box unboxing post up without having to combine them…however this is not one of those days. I’m combining the May and June Boxycharm Unboxing and hoping that I’ll be able to get July up without having to combine it with August. Let’s see what’s in the May and June Boxycharm boxes.
May Boxycharm Unboxing
For the month of May the Boxycharm theme was “Boxy Bash” and featured products by PUR, Cover Fx, Pretty Vulgar, Aesthetica, Beauty Creations, and Han Skin Care. This box did have one variation in that some people received a lip product from Han Skin Care and some received a lip product from Beauty Creations. From what I saw in the different Boxycharm groups most people wanted the lip product from Beauty Creations instead of the one from Han Skin Care. Here is what I got in my May Boxycharm box:
- Han Skin Care All Natural Lip Gloss in Nude Rose | Purchasable at Credo for $15.00
- Aesthetica P12 Face Brush | Purchasable at Aesthetica for $27.00
- Aesthetica 3 Piece Eye Trio | Purchasable at Aesthetica for $45.00
- Pretty Vulgar The Ink Gel Eyeliner in Black List | Purchasable at Sephora for $24.00
- Cover Fx Blurring Primer | Purchasable at Sephora for $38.00
- PUR Cosmetics Sculptor Palette | Purchasable at PUR Cosmetics for $30.00
June Boxycharm Unboxing
For the month of June the Boxycharm theme was “Caribbean Queen” and featured products by Battington, Luxie Beauty, Jonteblu, Sol de Janeiro, Ofra, Girlactik, and the new brand Alamar. This box did have one variation in that some people received a lip product from Girlactik and some received a lip product from Ofra. There was also an issue with some people’s Sol de Janeiro product not coming with an inner seal and looking like some of the product had been used. Here is what i got in my June Boxycharm box:
- Ofra Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Verona | Purchasable at Ulta for $17.00
- Jonteblu Eyeliner Pencil in Dark Brown | Purchasable at Jonteblu for $5.00
- Luxie 3 Piece Brush Set consists of:
- Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream | Purchasable at Sephora for $45.00
- Battington Lashes in Monroe 3-D | Purchasable at Neiman Marcus for $28.00
- Alamar Reina Del Caribe Eye Shadow Palette | Purchasable at Alamar for $28.00
Boxycharm Unboxing Final Thoughts
So how did the May and June Boxycharm Unboxing go for me? For May’s box I absolutely HATED the Han lip gloss, it actually stung my lips worse than Lipsense and it was way to tacky on the lips. The Aesthetica brushes were good to get because no matter how many brushes I have I can always have more. I’ve wanted to try something from Cover Fx so a primer that blurs my pores? Yes please! As for the Pretty Vulgar Eyeliner, you’d probably think that I would hate that because I’m not a huge fan of eyeliners, however, the packaging alone for that has my interest. The only thing I was meh on for May was the PUR Sculptor Palette because those colors are DARK! For June’s box you can probably guess from what I said about May that the Luxie brushes were a favorite because BRUSHES. I’m also super intrigued by the Alamar Eye Shadow Palette, especially since it is created by Boxycharm team member Gabby and her new company! Also, I’ve wanted to try an Ofra Liquid Lipstick and the Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream so score on that one. However, the fact that the Sol de Janeiro comes in a size smaller than either size offered by Sephora I’m a little peeved because Boxycharm claims that they send full-size products…but that’s over their 5 promised items…so I don’t know how to feel! The only things that weren’t a hit for me in June were the eyeliner and the lashes.
Let me know in the comments if you’d like for me to review these products in next month’s Boxycharm unboxing OR if you’d like for me to pick a few of the products and review them in dedicated posts. If you choose the second one make sure to let me know which products you’d like to see!
Check Out Other Unboxings: Boxycharm Unboxings
Make sure to follow my beauty board on Pinterest!